Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Wildlife Photography from Around the World


I have been doing wildlife photography for a few years now. It suits me well because I love to be in nature for long periods. Since animals don’t pose and they are usually not in the best lighting, it takes a lot of patience to get good shots of them, and I guess I have a lot of that.
So, here is a post of some of my favorite wildlife photos. I will start with images from my first camera so you can see the progression in the quality of images. Keep in mind that most of these animals are at a great distance so it is sometimes hard to get a fully focused shot.

From the I-phone 5
Sometimes I don’t have time or space to pull out the big camera so I use my I-phone instead, with great results. I still have this antiquated I-phone 5 and I use it regularly. I plan to get a newer model very soon.

                               



These are from the volunteer project I did with wild macaws in the Peruvian Amazon


This guy is from Cusco, Peru

                               

 











These are from a volunteer project I did with vervet monkeys in South Africa. 


From the Nikon P 900
This was my first pro camera and I bought this camera specifically for its super zoom lens, to take to the Amazon to photograph wild macaws. It was the most affordable camera at the time for me. I wished it had had a sports setting, to be able to get birds in flight.






From the Peru Macaw Project





 From Pine Lake, Georgia, USA


St. Mary's, Ga, USA



The Camargue in France



From the EOS Canon Rebel T3i (European Model)
I bought this camera on a whim in South Africa. The project I was with warned us not to bring expensive equipment so I didn't bring my Nikon. But once I was there I regretted it, feeling completely safe. So, at the first camera shop, I could find to get something to take on safari. It has a sports setting but not as much zoom as my Nikon.










 From Safari in South Africa on Private Reserves (Not Krueger National Park)



From Simonstown, near Capetown, South Africa



From the Canon Rebel Ti7 with Tamron 18-400mm Lens

This is my most recent camera. It was recommended by the camera experts at B & H Camera specifically because it is used in wildlife photography. It can capture animals in the high-speed sports setting but also adjust while in zoom if the animal turns and starts to come toward you. It has a zoom as good as my Nikon. It is an all in one so I did not have to carry extra lenses adding more weight to my huge backpack. It is my most expensive purchase and has been worth every penny.


Gainesville, Florida, USA



Colorado, USA



Pensacola Beach, Florida, USA




Lake Atitlan, Guatemala



Cuenca, Ecuador





No comments:

Post a Comment